WEBSTER and BICKERTON
Formerly Webster, Jackson & Co. (engine builders), this company diversified into shipbuilding mainly as an emergency measure to boost capacity during the First World War. It was situated in Lower Albert Street. After completing a series of 'Admiralty drifters', it is know to have completed only one lighter in 1928, but continued as a ship repairer based on the port's drydocks.
* photo included with vessel details
The company also built the following Compartment Boat ('Tom Pudding') tugs for the Trustees of the Aire & Calder Navigation Company
No.14 in 1907/1908
No.15 in 1907/1908
No.16 in 1910
No.17 in 1910
No.18 in 1912
... for more details of these and other in the fleet see ACN TUGS
Additional or amended information and photographs will always be welcome
PHOTO CREDITS AND COPYRIGHT
Photos are from the Archives of the Yorkshire Waterways Museum and from the collections of Charlie Hill, Brian Masterman, members of Yorkshire Ship Enthusiasts and many other supporters of the Museum and the Riversea International website. Photos may be down-loaded for personal use but may not be reproduced in any form for commercial purposes or on other websites.
Return to Main Index