Thomas Scott took over the shipyard of former Goole Shipbuilding and Engineering Company (1874-1876) on South Street, facing onto the Dutch River and built ships there between 1877 and 1902, after which the yard was bought by the Craggs family and became Goole Shipbuilding & Repairing Company.
* photo included with vessel details
|1884||GOOLE No.5 *|
|1885||GOOLE No.6 *|
|Dredger - Boston|
|Dredger - River Wharfe|
|1899||AC.24, AC.25, AC.26|
|Barges - London (12)|
The company also built the following tugs for the Trustees of the Aire & Calder Navigation Company ... (M) for the general Merchandise fleet, (C) for the Compartment Boat ('Tom Pudding') tugs
No.5 (M) 1877/1879, No.5 (C) 1881/1883, No.6 (C) 1891, No.7 (C) 1891, No.8 (C) 1892/1893, No.9 (C) 1892/1893, No.10 (C) 1894, No.11 (M) 1895, No.12 (M) 1896, No.13 (M) 1896, No.10 (C) 1899/1900, No.11 (C) 1899/1900, No.14 (M) 1899/1902
... for more details of these and other in the fleet see ACN TUGS
Additional or amended information and photographs will always be welcome
PHOTO CREDITS AND COPYRIGHT
Photos are from the Archives of the Yorkshire Waterways Museum and from the collections of Charlie Hill, Brian Masterman, members of Yorkshire Ship Enthusiasts and many other supporters of the Museum and the Riversea International website. Photos may be down-loaded for personal use but may not be reproduced in any form for commercial purposes or on other websites.
Return to Main Index