Name X.128
Type X-Lighter
Year 1915
GRT 130
Engines Motor (aft)
Builder GOOLE SHIPBUILDING & REPAIRING CO. LTD.
At GOOLE (Dutch River)
Launch date  
Yard number 190
Owners The Admiralty
History Water carrier FLAGON from 1916, sold out of naval service circa 1946

1947 mercantile register as FLAGON (ON.167939), reg. at Southampton

1948 Ham Lighterage Co. Ltd., London

1948/1950 re-engined 4cyl 131bhp by Ruston & Hornsby, Lincoln

From Bill Rutland :- Flagon was owned by The Ham Lighterage Company and was powered by a 4 Cylinder 120HP Ruston VCBM. She traded as a sand barge.
She was sold to Albert Rutland in 1961 and the traded in general cargo until she was broken up. In the late seventies a Maclaren 6 cylinder engine was fitted

 

Fate Broken up at Bow Creek in 1992

Photo from Bill Rutland ...

... and from Ian Hardie, arriving at Brightlingsea to load sand on 31/5/1983

and sailing on 1/6/1983


GOOLE S.B. LIST